Monday, January 04, 2021

TGIM - 04 January 2021 - Plague Journal Day 298

Micah 6:8
John 13:21-22
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


Today's historical notes:

  • On 04 January 1960 Albert Camus died. As the author of The Stranger, The Fall, and The Plague, Camus seems to have written some awfully appropriate novels for today. I recommend The Stranger and The Plague. I know I've read The Fall, but I don't remember it enough to know if I recommend it or not. (Since I don't remember it, it must not have made that big an impression on me. If you've read it and think I need to give it another go, please let me know.)
  • One year later, on 04 January 1961, Erwin Schrödinger died. Or perhaps not. It remains to be seen. (His remains to be seen? It depends upon whether he's dead or alive. At least he's not torturing cats anymore.) Here we have another personage well suited to our current times. I'm fairly certain that it would have been fun to listen in on a conversation between Schrödinger and Heisenberg.

Enough of this frivolity.
Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: