Thursday, January 07, 2021

Orthodox Christmas - 07 January 2021 - Plague Journal Day 301

Micah 6:8
Matthew 2:1-12
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Merry Christmas! Yes, today is Orthodox Christmas, so I'm wishing a Merry Christmas to all my Orthodox friends.

As an update to the Epiphany post of yesterday, I thought I'd share a picture and a few words about what we did at our church.
We put a bunch of luminaria bags (paper bags with sand and candles) on the front porch and the front walk in the shape of that traditional star "with a tail as big as a kite" followed by the Magi. I think it looked great (so did a few passers-by who saw us as we finished the project), and the whole point was to light the way for the world to the Light of the World, Jesus Christ.



Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: