Friday, January 08, 2021

Argyle, Laddie! - 08 January 2021 - Plague Journal Day 302

Micah 6:8
Genesis 25:33-34
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?
  
Today is Argyle Day, celebrating what is perhaps my second-favourite colour after Paisley!
Back in my Middle School Art classes (at Brownell Middle School - the best one in the district because we had a breezeway!) I remember drawing and sculpting a little character named Hollinsworth P. Argyle. I guess I've liked argyle for a long time.
Check your socks, please - I'm hoping there are plenty of argyles out there.

In our historical note for today, on 08 January 1835 the US national debt was $0. It's built up a bit in the almost 68,000 days since then. (nearly $400,000 per day - that's insane.)

This is also the birthday of Soupy Sales - think of him when you have lunch today - he would have been 95 today. Just watch out for White Fang, but maybe Black Tooth will give you some kisses. Dog kisses are great. By the way, if you can't have a pie for dessert, why not have a Heath bar today? It's National English Toffee Day after all.


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.



No comments: