Friday, August 28, 2020

28 August 2020 - Plague Journal Day 168

Micah 6:8
Nehemiah 8:1-8
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

When I was growing up (now be nice!), the only reference I had to bow ties was the late Irving R. Levine on the NBC Nightly News. Oh, maybe I saw James Bond in a tux and thus a bow tie, but that's about it. Still, I do enjoy the occasional bow, although I haven't really learned to tie it myself. To celebrate those who wear bow ties, please join in acknowledging today as National Bow Tie Day


I did have far more contact with comic books than bow ties. I remember looking through (mostly) Marvel the titles on display in a rack of comics at Merit Woods Pharmacy near the front door. At 12¢ a copy, it was some very efficient reading shopping. I seem to recall flipping through most of an issue before deciding whether or not to buy it, so today's other major fĂȘte is an occasion for nostalgia: International Read Comics In Public Day!

You know I like to try to combine celebrations wherever possible, so how about this?

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: