Saturday, May 02, 2020

02 May 2020 - Plague Journal Day 51

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

You know what bothers me? You know what drives me crazy?
Am I the only one who's embarrassed by these "stand up to cancer" commercials?
I mean, addressing a non-personal "opponent" as evil and a bad guy and we're all standing up to you? Good grief, it just sounds so stupid.
"Hey, Gravity; just because you're strong doesn't mean you're always going to be able to hold us down! We're a team! We're Team Floating-Away-From-The-Planet, and we will defeat your evil tractor beams!"

Well, now that I have that off my chest, how about something to celebrate?

Today is National Play Your Ukulele Day! (I'm happy to recall that the ukulele was the official instrument of the Vinyl Café - one of the finest radio programmes ever presented by CBC Radio.)

Not only that - today is also Astronomy Day! (Don't let the stars get in your eyes!)

Here's your challenge: I want to hear a ukulele cover of Pink Floyd's Astronomy Domine.
Go! (#PinkFloydUkulele)


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: