Tuesday, April 28, 2020

28 April 2020 - Plague Journal Day 47

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


Here's a wonderful celebration: it's Great Poetry Reading Day!
Now, for most of us there's just not enough time to read or recite the Iliad, the Odyssey, or the Aeneid today.
Sure, we might be able to fit Gilgamesh in, but in the adventurous spirit of Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton, who believed that "all civilisation derives from Egypt," I will be reading Ishmael Reed's classic, I Am a Cowboy in the Boat of Ra.
As you might imagine, this was one of my most popular poetry readings at parties in my University days. I'm not so sure how this would go over now, but, until there are parties again, I've no way to find out.

What we can find out is how many of you are willing to post a video or audio clip of yourself reading your favorite poem. Please post with the hashtags #PlagueJournal47 and/or #GrandTeutonPoetryChallenge - your posts and tags will be most appreciated.


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: