Saturday, February 26, 2022

Putin on the Rideau - 26 February 2022 - Plague Journal Day 716

Micah 6:8
1 Kings 12:6-15
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

As he moves to rescind his clearly illegal Emergency power grab, PM Justin "Poutine" Trudeau no doubt has mixed emotions about the war in the Ukraine. I do believe his statements condemning Putin's invasion; however, I'm fairly certain he's also relieved to have a real big-time power mad autocrat take centre stage for a while, drawing attention away from his hopefully only very temporary "l'état, c'est moi" period. I used to think he was just a joke, but his horrific handling of the truckers' protest in Ottawa exposed him for the autocrat wannabe that he really is. His first reaction was to hide, hoping they'd go away. When they didn't, his vindictive nature took over and he decided he had to crush the opposition, forgetting that these are the very people who put him in office. The Labour Party is supposed to be the party of labour - it doesn't get much more labour union-y than truck drivers / teamsters, does it?

I was never a huge fan of his father, but I can only assume Pierre is spinning in his grave these days. Justin, it's time to grow up. It's also time to leave - let an adult run things for a while.

Today's freewrite prompt word is Crush.
I took the liberty of using it above, but it also puts me in mind of orange pop (soda to those of a certain persuasion).

My go-to meal at National Coney Island used to be two on one, light onions, and an orange pop. I don't know if they used Orange Crush or not, but that made me think of it. It also made me remember a great Nesbitt's Orange commercial with a catchy jingle and surreal, almost Rube Goldberg-esque animation.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.





No comments: