Friday, February 04, 2022

No Pączki Yet! - 04 February 2022 - Plague Journal Day 694

Micah 6:8
Exodus 12:19
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Wow! On 04 February 1746 the Polish/American military leader, General Tadeusz Kościuszko, was born. Just looking across the country you can see his influence on the map from the place names we've assigned to honor this hero. Why, just in Indiana we find the town of Warsaw right there in Kosciusko county (we couldn't spell it the way he did, I guess). In fact, it's the county seat.
Take a look at a map of these United States and see how many places you can find that recall the exploits of this hero of the American Revolution.
Feel free to log your journey in the comments below.

Today's freewrite prompt word is Drown.

It's not often, but there are times when I feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I have to do - or at least that I think I have to do, or that I've committed to doing. It's not often, but it does happen, and I think that's the closest I'll ever come to knowing what it feels like to drown (I hope that's the closest I'll ever come!).

I have a vague, yet vivid memory of being in a neighbor's swimming pool as a kid (before I was eight based on where this took place). I was sitting in/on one of those inflatable rings when I rolled over so I was head-down / feet-up in the water, stuck in the ring.
Fortunately for me, Dad was there watching and grabbed me out before I had the chance to totally panic and drown. There you go. One more traumatic / heroic memory of childhood.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: