Saturday, February 05, 2022

Get Out! - 05 February 2022 - Plague Journal Day 695

Micah 6:8
Exodus 33:1
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today's freewrite prompt word is Eject


That's quite propitious, actually, as I had an ejection-related conversation just yesterday. Gary called looking for some IT help with a USB-SATA adaptor that worked the first time but hasn't worked since - even on a different computer.
I did a little investigation and one of the things suggested (too late in this case it would seem) was to eject the SATA drive just as you would any other USB device before disconnecting it. We shall see if that works, but I have my doubts - it's tough to eject a drive that's not recognized by the computer from which you wish to eject it. Ah, the joys of recovering data from old machines!


That's actually something I'm doing right now - getting pictures and documents off of my Dad's old computers. Yes, plural. He kept all his computers, fearing miscreants might find something important on them if he trashed them. Well, I've found some stuff to be deleted, some things to be preserved, and some things that are puzzling. (Why did he have three different greeting card creators on this computer?)

Fun times, but clearly time to eject.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: