Thursday, February 17, 2022

Apologies to Gilles Vigneault - 17 February 2022 - Plague Journal Day 707

Micah 6:8
Job 6:15-17
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


Perhaps you've noted the rise of authoritarianism in our neighbour to the North (technically also South from where I sit). Prime Minister Justin "Baby Doc" Trudeau is trying to be the boot stamping on a human face - forever. Well, in the tradition of sticking it to the man, or rather collage à l'homme I submit this slight rewrite of a fabulous Quebecois song:

Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays, c'est Trudeau
Mon jardin, ce n'est pas un jardin, c'est Justin
Mon chemin, ce n'est pas un chemin, il est barré
Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays, c'est Trudeau


Today's freewrite prompt word is Beam


When I was a young kid, we lived on a court - a street that actually was a circle, but with two exits. It meant that there was little traffic on our street other than locals coming and going, and that we could ride our bikes and play pretty much unsupervised until the streetlights came on. Yes, I was a bit of a free-range child.
Anyway, I remember one evening, as I rushed home in the newly-streetlit gloom, seeing a cat under a car - looking at me with bright, glowing eyes. That was pretty darned freaky - beams of light coming out of a creatures eyes!
Well, Dad explained to me that cats had AA batteries in their tails and that's how their eyes glowed so brightly in the dark. As evidence, he showed me a battery from the kitchen drawer. It couldn't have been clearer, or more obviously true.


I wonder if I ever explained that to Christian. I'll have to ask.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: