Friday, January 28, 2022

In Living Color - 28 January 2022 - Plague Journal Day 687

Micah 6:8
Joel 2:28-32
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

A newsletter I receive had this "Friday Fact" as a closing fun item. (note the quotation marks)

"About 12 percent of people dream entirely in black and white."

I haven't verified this "fact" yet (I haven't even tried, to be honest), but I wonder what that would be like. Apparently I'm in the majority here, as I generally dream in color. In fact, I Dream In Technicolor. If you're a black and white dreamer, please leave a comment below and tell me about it.

  • Is it disconcerting to dream in monochrome?
  • Does it seem distracting at the time?
  • Does it make you aware that you're dreaming, or do you see the world in black and white all the time anyway?
  • Those are the kinds of things I'd like to find out.


This just reminded me of when I was a kid, watching Gilligan's Island on our family set with my Dad. The screen said "In Color" as the theme song finished. I turned to Dad and said, "No it's not."
He might have explained to me that we had a black and white set and the neighbors with a color set were seeing it in color. More probably he lied to me about it with something radically more interesting and fun. Maybe something like, "The network people are trying to see how many of us will either complain or pretend that we see it in color. It's kind of the Emperor's New Clothes as a test."
Those network people!

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: