Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Farewell to a Friend - 29 December 2021 - Plague Journal Day 657

Micah 6:8
Proverbs 18:24
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Wow. This shouldn't be so hard, but I guess I'm getting soft in my old age. I got a new stereo for the home office and got it all hooked up today (almost - the turntable seems to need a pre-amp, but I have one down the basement. Of course I do). The sad part is that means I'm getting rid of the old one.

"So what?" I hear you ask. So what? Don't you realize I bought that stereo at Hudson's at Eastland to take to university with me? That Sanyo stereo system with AM/FM Stereo radio, TEAC turntable, Aux In, and built-in 8-Track player has been with me since 1975. That's crazy. It still works pretty well, too. If I had opened the case and cleaned everything with electronics contact cleaner it might have served another few decades, but time marches on, I suppose.

Man, there was some good music played on that machine. Some pretty bad stuff too, of course, but let's not remember that.

Good-bye, old friend.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: