Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving - 25 November 2021 - Plague Journal Day 623

Micah 6:8
2 Timothy 1:4-6
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Thanksgiving! Time to actually give thanks to the giver, the Lord who, through His Providence, guides us through our lives.
Oh, and we might as well celebrate with friends and family and food, right?

Just the other day I came across a copy of the prayer my Grandma E used to say every morning before breakfast. I don't know why I've never learned it - I know I intended to at one point - but it's worth sharing here, especially today.
Why not join me in planning to learn and use this daily?

Morning Prayer
Father, we thank Thee for the night
and all that makes the morning brithd.

Help us do the things we should
and be to others kind and good.

For rest and food and loving care
and all that makes the world so fair,

In all we do and all we say,
make us thankful every day.

Amen.


Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: