Thursday, May 13, 2021

The Eyes Have It - 13 May 2021 - Plague Journal Day 427

Micah 6:8
Isaiah 55:10-13
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

I was thinking about Jack (my cat) the other day as I rubbed my itching eye. (Frigging Allergies!) The trees are conspiring to make my life miserable, and they're doing a pretty good job of it, from a rhino-ocular perspective. This has to be one of the worst tree-pollen seasons I can remember, and my eyes are not at all happy about it.

The itching is one thing, the crusty mornings are another, and I actually had to take an antihistamine the other day for the first time in years.

Why was I thinking of Jack? Well, as you may know, he has glaucoma, and I have to put drops in his eyes two or three times a day (depending on which eye we're discussing). His right eye gets a bit runny fairly often, and I have to believe he's not feeling much better than I am in that regard.

I also think of Billie (our new dog), since a couple times recently on walks we've gone through an area where I noticed an odd "aroma" in the air, and not long after had semi-asthmatic feelings. I think we were under trees both times, and it may well have been a cloud of tree pollen (one supposes is may also have been some kind of chemical treatment that had been applied to said trees). At any rate, I'm not enjoying this part of the season, and am looking forward to its swift ending.


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: