Saturday, May 22, 2021

If You Can't Stand the Heat - Carnage du Jour - 22 May 2021 - Plague Journal Day 436

Micah 6:8
Daniel 1:11-16
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

If you can't stand the heat, that's just too bad.

Oh, that's not really the saying, is it? It's something about getting out of the kitchen, but that's precisely where I was on Thursday nonetheless. We were having a friend over for dinner and my original plan had been to do my ratatouille on the grill and a piece of fish to go along with it. However, time got away and I ended up doing an inside ratatouille with honey mustard roasted Arctic Char. I don't know that I've ever cooked this inside before, but it turned out quite nicely.

Two baby eggplants, two yellow summer squash, two zucchini, a tub of multi-colored grape tomatoes, and some diced onions were all we needed. I sliced and marinated the vegetables with some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and herbes de Provence.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: