Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Coincidence? - 18 May 2021 - Plague Journal Day 432

Micah 6:8
1 Samuel 6:6-9
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

On 18 May 1911 Gustav Mahler died. Exactly one year later, 18 May 1912, Perry Como was born. And some people don't believe in coincidences.

The sad part of this (or perhaps not, we shall see) is that Perry Como was supposed to sing at my funeral. It appears, based on his having died some years ago, that he won't be able to perform "Temptation" after I've shuffled off this mortal coil. Either we'll have a disappointing memorial service or I just won't be able to go. Maybe I'm here for the duration, so please, be wise: be kind to me.

Consider yourself cautioned. ("Warned" seems too strong - I'm just not that vindictive, but as we age, our filters tend to slip, so at least be cautioned. You're welcome.)

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.



No comments: