Thursday, February 11, 2021

That Fly Is Doing Algebra - 11 February 2021 - Plague Journal Day 336

Micah 6:8
Hebrews 5:12-14
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


Today is Thursday. Traditionally, that's the night of choir practices at my church. (Practices? Plural? Yes: handbell choir and vocal choir.) So it's quite appropriate that today has a musical celebration for us. It's Get Out Your Guitar Day, and it really is time to do that - I need to play a lot for a while so my calluses don't totally disappear.


In addition to the guitar stuff, it's also Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day. Frankly, I can't remember the last time I cried over spilled milk, so it's probably not a big issue for me.
Nonetheless, to celebrate the pair of them, I plan to spill some milk, not cry over it, and grab my guitar and write a song about not crying. Maybe I'll just put new words to that Hank Williams classic, I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; something like "I spilled milk, but I still didn't cry."
I hope that's not too horrible an ear worm for you.

By the way, looking back at historical events on this date, on 11 February 1650 René Descartes, French philosopher and mathematician, stopped thinking and ceased to be.



Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.




No comments: