Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Floating - in Space? - 10 February 2021 - Plague Journal Day 335

Micah 6:8
Isaiah 23:1-3
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Lately I've found myself watching all the various Star Trek series on H&I - and really enjoying even the ones that lost my interest before they finished (viz. Voyager and Enterprise).
I remember when Deep Space 9 came out and thinking that the theme was the best TV theme music I had ever heard. (Well, maybe Super Chicken was up there too.) Then came Voyager and I revised my opinion. That theme by Jerry Goldsmith was just excellent. Jerry Goldsmith was born on 10 February 1929 and died on 21 July 2004. What a great film and TV composer he was. I don't know if he ever wrote any straight concert music, but if he did, I would listen to it.


Next time  you don't sink while working on a cargo ship, you should thank Samuel Plimsoll for holding the line, as it were, against the use of dangerous "coffin ships," and as today is Plimsoll Day, this is the day for doing just that - not sinking while working on a cargo ship. Maybe you could even wear a pair of his shoes on board - they have rubber soles for traction after all.



Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.




No comments: