Saturday, January 23, 2021

On the Wall - 23 January 2021 - Plague Journal Day 317


Micah 6:8
Daniel 5:1-6
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


Today is National Handwriting Day! As wonderful as email and text messages are, isn't it more special to receive a handwritten note in the mail? I know I believe that it is. My handwriting is, shall we say less than lovely, but I do give it the old college try when the time comes to send a note, a card, or a letter. Perhaps I should say the old elementary school try, since that's where we all learned this stuff - at least those of us of a certain age. Please note that I encourage this effort - hand writing notes to family, friends, and acquaintances - despite its being the only subject at which I failed in school - and miserably at that!
Please celebrate by writing something - almost anything - by hand today.



On a totally separate topic, on 23 January 1944 Edvard Munch, the famed Norwegian painter, passed on. You probably know him for his famous painting of the scream (no, not the poster for the movie).


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.



No comments: