Monday, November 09, 2020

RIPs - 09 November 2020 - Plague Journal Day 242

Micah 6:8
Luke 16:19-31
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

What a weekend. 

"The answer is: Norm Crosby"
"Who died the day before Alex Trebek?"
Sad, but correct. Sure, I'm a bit of a fan of Alex Trebek (maybe more of his SNL doppelganger as he engaged in verbal battle with an ersatz Sean Connery. No, not maybe, definitely. Still...), but I think the loss of Norm Crosby looms bigger in my mind than that of the Jeopardy! host.

It was in the Carson days of the Tonight Show that I learned important lessons in public speaking (and singing for that matter) such as the importance of rejecting from one's diaphragm. Double-speaking politicians were no match for me once I had been inoculated by Norm's malaprop mastery. He will be missed (and frankly, has been missed, as I haven't seen him on TV in ages).

Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, Dale Evans - these people are giants, legends; their names are household words. Of course, so's Jell-O. - Norm Crosby

In bizarrely unrelated news, today is National Scrapple Day. Perhaps the most bizarre part of what you'll find should you follow that link (even moreso than the use of LIKE when they most assuredly mean AS) is the photo used to illustrate the day. That looks suspiciously like one of the Golden Arches' lead breakfast products. I wasn't aware (and believe that I still remain so) that there was a McScrapple available, even if only in parts of Pennsylvania. Odd indeed.


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: