Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Carnage du Jour - 20 October 2020 - Plague Journal Day 222

Micah 6:8
Genesis 25:29-34
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is International Chefs Day! I'm not a chef - that takes training, and just thinking about the word, it should mean running a staff of other cooks in a kitchen. I don't do that, but I do like to cook. So on thie International Chefs Day I thought I'd share a recent success. (note - this is not a picture of what I made, it's just a semi-random picture of lamb and noodles I found that doesn't look as different to mine as most of the pictures I found did.)

I had some ground lamb that needed to be cooked, so I seasoned it very simply with curry powder and garlic salt, browning it in a nice cast iron skillet. (I'm really getting to like cooking in those.) Next up were a bunch of items from the garden: zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant were sliced about 1/2" thick (maybe a bit thicker) and they were given a pretty hard sauté in that same pan along with a bit of diced red onion (without the lamb, and using canola oil - this was a second shift of cooking). Once there was some nice brown on them, a bunch of halved cherry tomatoes went in and the vegetable mixture was treated to the curry powder and onion salt treatment as well. As this was finishing up, some wide egg noodles went into a pot of rapidly boiling salted water. Then the lamb was added into the vegetables and a bit of plain skyr (the Icelandic version of Greek yogurt) was added to cream it all up a bit.


Today is also the National Day On Writing. On, not Of. Hmm, that seems odd, doesn't it? At any rate, I may as well announce my soon-to-be-released book here, as it's a book of writing exercises. In other words, a book on writing. As soon as the cover design has been finalized we'll be dropping the book for distribution. Now that I've told someone about it, I guess I'd best be about that cover approval, eh? The title? Ah,it's
WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY …
13 Weeks of Writing Exercises So You’ll Finish What You Start

I'll be sure to let you know when it's available!

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: