Wednesday, September 16, 2020

16 September 2020 - Plague Journal Day 187

Micah 6:8
Jeremiah 18:1-6
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is World Play Doh Day. In our family this is also known as International Shudder And Gag Day. Yes, I'll let you in on why we call it that. When Christian was very young - old enough to walk a bit, but not much more than that - we got him some Play Doh. I opened the can (I guess that's what you call those containers; maybe they're tubs?) of red Play Doh and let him reach in to get some. As the "aroma" hit him and he touched the stuff for the first time, he did a literal shudder and gag. It was a long time before he would play with the stuff. I guess I'm not sure how much he ever did with real Play Doh. I know he made stuff with the traditional salt and cornstarch Thanksgiving clay, but I really can't swear to the commercial Doh.

Today is also National Tattoo Story Day. I think it might be interesting to have Mr. Roarke share his Tattoo story, but I'm not sure I could get past the scent of rich Corinthian leather. (You may have to ask someone old to explain this reference to you.)



Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.



1 comment:

Christian van Becelaere said...

I still have to give it a couple pokes before I'm comfortable holding/playing with that stuff.