Friday, July 24, 2020

24 July 2020 - Plague Journal Day 134

Micah 6:8
Proverbs 14:13
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is Amelia Earhart Day, celebrated on the birthday of the celebrated aviatrix (see what I did there?). Although I don't actually remember Amelia nor her partner, Captain Noonan, I do know that there's a beautiful, beautiful field far away, in a land that is fair. Farewell, first lady of the air!




Also, today is National Tell An Old Joke Day, and who am I to ignore such an important occasion? According to the University of Wolverhampton (Go Wolves!), this is the eighth oldest joke in the world
The Emperor Augustus was touring the Empire, when he noticed a man in the crowd who bore a striking resemblance to himself.

Intrigued he asked: "Was your mother at one time in service at the Palace?"

"No your Highness," he replied, "but my father was."
plus ça change....

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: