Wednesday, July 01, 2020

01 July 2020 - Plague Journal Day 111

Micah 6:8
John 4:7-15
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is Canada Day (those of us of a certain age still think of it as Dominion Day, but I suppose calling it that is like saying I'm taking a trip to Constantinople or Peking or Bombay, it just isn't done). At any rate, I'm going to celebrate by drinking some Kakabeka Crystal water from Kakabeka Falls, just so I can say I'm having Eau Canada.

On a totally unrelated topic, it seems that study after study after study, we're told over and over that we all want voice-enabled tech as a way to interact with businesses. Am I the only one left who really hates talking to those voice recognition systems? I can't believe I am - I even see commercials where folks are hitting the 0 on the phone trying to get to a human. Why not just have people? Regular intelligence rather than artificial intelligence?
grr.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: