Wednesday, June 10, 2020

10 June 2020 - Plague Journal Day 90

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


Here's another in the series of things I've written. This is a poem I wrote when my niece, Kayla, came home from the hospital after being in the NICU for some time.

A New Life Greets The Dog

Home at last –
Later than hoped, yet sooner than feared –
Exhausted, exhilarated, her mother
Safely snuggles the new life.


Together, a family –
More anxious than he expected, yet happier than possible –
Beaming, approving, her father
Proudly welcomes the little girl.

Unwontedly calm –
More distant than expected, yet closer than he dares –
Sniffing, exploring, her puppy
Tentatively licks a tiny foot;
And she smiles.


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: