Wednesday, May 13, 2020

13 May 2020 - Plague Journal Day 62

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today I have a real yearning to go to Calaveras County, but I'm pretty sure California is still off limits to normal people.
Why do I want to go there, of all places? Well simply because today is Frog Jumping Day!
If you still don't get it, try this link.


In contrast to that, there's another celebration that doesn't require interstate travel.
Yes, in addition to Frog Jumping Day, at last it's Root Canal Appreciation Day!
Many years ago I assisted at an emergency root canal, so if you're having troubles, you can call me. Legally, since I'm neither qualified nor licensed, I won't be able to help, but you can call me anyway.


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

Bonus:
Once he's wrestled the current novel coronavirus outbreak to the ground, Boris Johnson has another nearly-Herculean task ahead of him. Surveys indicate that 7 out of every 5 Brits have trouble with maths. Because of that, today is National Numeracy Day in the UK. QED.

No comments: