Thursday, June 30, 2022

Coincidence? I Think Not - 30 June 2022

As I checked today at the "On this day in history" site to which I often refer, I discovered that today is the 117th anniversary of Albert Einstein's submission of the paper outlining his theory of Special Relativity. (He was to expand his thinking to the theory of General Relativity about 11 years later.)


I also noted that today is the 114th anniversary of the so-called Tunguska Event.


Interesting. Einstein submits his paper on the theory of relativity, and exactly three years later - to the day, mind you! - "something" happened at Tunguska that resembled an atomic explosion.
Granted, there was no radiation detected at the site (at least none of which we've been informed), but a small inert object moving at relativistic speeds could cause massive damage without anything like radiation being involved.


Pretty amazing, no? Relativity in 1905, Tunguska exactly three years later. What's next? An actual revelation of what's going on at Area 51? I'm not going to hold my breath, nor should you.

Stay curious!


No comments: