Monday, December 06, 2021

Who Can Fill Those Shoes? - 06 December 2021 - Plague Journal Day 634

Micah 6:8
Luke 15:21-23
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Wouldn't you like to find your shoes filled with goodies? I imagine most people would say yes to that question. If only there were a holiday where that might happen. If only there were a person who thought filling the shoes of strangers with treats was a good idea.


Wait a minute ... there is such a holiday and such a person, and today is the day! This is St. Nicholas Day, so put out your (empty) shoes and hope for the best!

While we're on the topic of celebrations, today is also National Gazpacho Day. I think the best gazpacho I ever had was way back in my university days when I stopped at the Pantree in Ann Arbor for lunch one warm Summer day. It must have been pretty extraordinary for me to still remember it after over forty years, eh?

For those who don't like cold soups (which gazpacho tends to be, right?), it's also National Microwave Day, so feel free to heat up your gazpacho like Vinny Johnson coming into a Pistons game!



Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.







No comments: