Monday, December 20, 2021

I Can Name That Tune - 20 December 2021 - Plague Journal Day 648

Micah 6:8
Colossians 3:16
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today we have a couple celebrations that should work very nicely together. Today is both Games Day and Go Caroling Day. Many folks of sufficient age will remember a TV game show called Name That Tune where contestants vied to identify popular songs using the fewest notes. "I can name that tune in five notes," was a common statement there. (In my research I've discovered that this show is back, so one needn't have all that many years of viewing to remember it!)
Well, why not have a caroling outing where those on whose porches you stand would try to guess what you're singing in the fewest notes? What could be more fun than that?
OK, lots of things would be much more fun than that, but still, why not give it a go? I'd love to hear stories of Name That Carol here in the comments. (note that I hold out little hope for that actually happening)

 Now go spread some Joy to the World!


Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: