Wednesday, September 15, 2021

And Then There Were None - 15 September 2021 - Plague Journal Day 552

Micah 6:8
1 Corinthians 15:51-52
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Born on this date, 15 September in 1890 was one Dame Agatha Christie - probably Heidi's favourite author. I had read very little of her output before marrying Heidi, and I have certainly not read the majority of it, but she was definitely a talented writer of mysteries. 

I've been sworn to secrecy on how it all turns out (and it hardly matters, as I can't remember the details now at any event), as I've seen "The Mousetrap" in London a few times. I'm pretty sure it turned out the same each time, but with about five years between each viewing one can never be sure. Simply know that red herrings abound, and there are grounds to suspect nearly everyone.

What an amazing story that play has. The first time I visited London, England - way back in 1975 - it was already the longest-running play in history. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was still running the next time we visited, twenty years later! It's moved from one theatre to another, but it's still running.

If you've a chance to see it, I would recommend it. The play itself is enjoyable, but attending another record-setting performance is also part of the fun.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: