Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Mysterious Ways - 11 August 2021 - Plague Journal Day 517

Micah 6:8
Isaiah 55:6-9
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

No doubt you've had an experience like mine today. Sometime you've called or texted a friend who replied, "I was just thinking about you," or "I was going to call you today." That's always pretty cool, and those moments of synchronicity, serendipity, providence, call them what you will, are real and more common than we generally realize. I suppose it comes down to the sovereignty of God in a way.

Anyway, I texted a friend I hadn't seen in too long, just to check on him and got a nearly immediate reply that he had been thinking of me and was planning to call me today. We got on the phone (actual voice contact!) and had a great chat about what's going on with each of us, sharing family joys and plans.
It always feels good when that happens, probably because we've participated in some of God's plan for our lives.
If you're thinking of someone you want to contact - do it. Right now. They'll be glad you did ... and so will you. It's a mystery, but that's part of the Joy of living - we know things happen that we won't understand for now, but stay in God's will and all is good, even if it doesn't seem so right now.


Speaking of mysterious, do you remember Rey Mysterio? Well that reminds me that today is Hulk Hogan's 68th birthday. I wonder if those 16 inch pythons are going to run wild on a cake this evening. Happy Birthday, Hulkster!

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: