Friday, July 09, 2021

More "Who Knew?" History - 09 July 2021 - Plague Journal Day 484

Micah 6:8
Proverbs 22:26-27
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

On 09 July 1795, businessman James Swan helped put these young United States on solid financial footing. He assumed the nation’s entire French debt. I find that amazing - nearly as amazing as the fact that I'd never heard this before. One wonders whether Bezos, Gates, et al. mightn't be persuaded to do something similar as a token of their appreciation for living here in these United States.

I, for one, would be more than happy to send them cards of thanks were that to happen, and I doubt that I would be alone in that.


Next up, from the Unfortunately Named Co-Celebrations Desk:
Today marks both the Martyrdom Of The Bab and World Kebab Day.
That just seems wrong, doesn't it?

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.






No comments: