Wednesday, June 09, 2021

He's On Fire! - 09 June 2021 - Plague Journal Day 454

Micah 6:8

Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today I note that Sunday was Plague Journal Day 451, but I missed making a post about book burning because it was Sunday and I did my regular worship posting.
In this day of canceling history, Bradbury's novel is even more relevant than ever, I think. I wonder how hard it really is to memorize an entire book. I've heard of people who have memorized the Bible, and can quote you a randomly selected verse. I don't really have any desire to do that - I'll just look it up, as long as I can have a copy of the Book. Still, as things disappear from search engines at the behest of governments (as the Tank Man at Tiananmen Square did from Bing and the other engines it powers) it's time to wonder what we're really going to lose.

451F is where paper will combust. It's much easier to delete a file on a server than to ignite and clean up the ashes of a physical book. It's also much easier to keep copies somewhere safe - I hope.
 


A totally irrelevant side note. On 09 Jun 1934, Donald Duck first appeared in a cartoon. That means my mother never lived in a world without Donald Duck (but my father did). Weird.


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: