Monday, June 14, 2021

Flag Day! - 14 June 2021 - Plague Journal Day 459

Micah 6:8
Isaiah 30:15-17
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is Flag Day. Every 14 June I find myself remembering my late coworker, Ed Fleig. Ed had a party for us at his house to celebrate Fleig Day, as he called it.He was a great guy, and greatly missed, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers him on his special day. Godspeed, Ed!

Those of us of a certain "vintage" will recognize this flag as the one that flew when we were born. None of these non-contiguous States for us - no sir!


In semi-related news, today is also the birthday of the U.S. Army, founded as the Continental Army 14 June 1775. To all the soldiers and vets out there - have a great Army Birthday.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.





No comments: