Thursday, June 03, 2021

Catch-up Carnage du Jour - 03 June 2021 - Plague Journal Day 448

Micah 6:8
Romans 13:1-7
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today's Carnage du Jour is actually from Monday - we're catching up, not using catchup (catsup? ketchup? it doesn't matter, we're not using it). 

What we had was a lovely beef tenderloin cooked on the grill. Mostly indirect heat with a small tub of applewood smoking chips to add that certain savour to the flavour. The beef (about a four pound tenderloin) was simply seasoned: salt, dry mustard, and thyme rubbed on all sides, then into the covered grill working at about 425F for about 45 minutes. Before cooking the beef, I did a mixed grill/roast of root vegetables - potatoes and golden beets - and onions as well as reheating some leftover grilled asparagus.
While the meat rested I reheated those vegetables (including the asparagus) and we added a simple kale slaw for a nice meal.
mmm mmm good!
I would eat this frequently - highly recommended.


In passing, let me mention that today is Impersonate Authority Day. A better way to think of that may be that one should assume the authority necessary to completing the tasks for which one is responsible. Please, assume no more than necessary - we all know what happens when we assume.
This reminds me of my High School career. I had no official positions in any club or organizations, but - simply because I acted as though I belonged there - I was able to do pretty much whatever I wanted in the school office. (Being nice to the secretary didn't hurt, I'm sure.) That was a real life lesson for me there. If you look like you know what you're doing, and like you belong there, almost no one will ever challenge you.




Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: