Thursday, March 25, 2021

In Bruges - 25 March 2021 - Plague Journal Day 378

Micah 6:8
1 Kings 19:5-7
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today's New Yorker calendar cartoon was a Minotaur pulling a labyrinth waffle out of his waffle maker. I thought that was fun. Then I discovered that today is International Waffle Day and it was (partly) explained.
In addition, today is Pecan Day and National Lobster Newburg Day.

  
I know that chicken and waffles is a big thing - it's even really good when well done - so I'm thinking that today's homage would be a pecan waffle (sounds tasty already) with a heaping helping of hot Lobster Newburg on top. (Would that make it an homard hommage? peut ĂȘtre.)
At any rate, please let me know how that turns out.


also:
Today is Tolkien Reading Day. I remember reading Lord of the Rings for the first time in university - I ended up finishing book 2 at my grandparents' house in Fort Wayne over Christmas, and I also remember wanting to get back to school to start book 3. I was hooked for sure.
So - read some today - maybe the Hobbit, as you can read that all today.
(I can't recommend the Silmarilion. Sorry. Maybe it's great, but I just can't force my way through it.)

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.



No comments: