Friday, January 29, 2021

Distilled Thought - 29 January 2021 - Plague Journal Day 323

Micah 6:8
Acts 17:27-29
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

29 January is a big day in the history of poetry.


On that date in 1845, Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" was published. A major addition to the world's repository of poetry.


Then on that same date in 1963 came a loss to the world of poetry: the death of Robert Frost, American poet and playwright. (Playwright? I'll have to investigate that.)


I lived in Frost House in the dorm (Mary Markley Hall) back in my university days, so I have a very real and personal connection with him. Further, I've enjoyed singing the settings of some of Bob's verses by Randall Thompson in his Frostiana suite.

Write some poetry today!

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: