Saturday, December 19, 2020

Celebrate the Vision - 19 December 2020 - Plague Journal Day 282

Micah 6:8
Matthew 13:15-17
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Yes, this year has cause time to run in bizarre ways, dragging and speeding by at the same time, but that's been my experience of time for most of my life. I really don't have a good sense of how long ago anything is unless I have some other event to use as an anchor. For example, I could remember when things happened based on the teachers I had in school, or on the teachers my son had in school. Of course, once he was out of University I was pretty well doomed.


So it wasn't with total surprise that I noted on my calendar that today is the sixth anniversary of my retinal repairs. I remember the day before and that day very distinctly - who wouldn't remember when they had liquid nitrogen poured behind the eyeball? or when they were told that liquid nitrogen would be poured behind the eyeball the next morning? You'd have to be beyond forgetful, I should think.
At any rate - six years ago my eyes were repaired, and they still work pretty well to this day. I am grateful for the vision I've been granted all these years, and pray that God will move me from just sight to insight as I continue in His service and fellowship.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: