Friday, December 11, 2020

Art History! - 11 December 2020 - Plague Journal Day 274

Micah 6:8
Ephesians 4:28
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

First off, I'd like to wish a very Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends. May the Light continue to shine forth in the darkness!

Next up, on this day in history, 11 December 1913, the famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci, La Gioconda (Mona Lisa), was recovered after having been stolen from the Louvre two years before. It's interesting to see what's going on at the Louvre these days in the absence of visitors:

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, today is National Noodle Ring Day. Regular readers of this blog know that food is one of my passions. In fact, I actually eat food nearly every day, rain or shine. Today's food item is kind of fascinating. It's essentially just a pasta dish that's baked in a Bundt pan (or other ring-shaped pan, such as an angel food cake pan). I have to admit that I've never had this, but I'm thinking I'd like to give it a shot.
Who knows? Maybe I try to make a lasagna ring!


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: