Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Pooh - 14 October 2020 - Plague Journal Day 216

Micah 6:8
2 Kings 2:19-24
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is special because Winnie-the-Pooh first appeared in print on this date in 1926. Today is also (perhaps because of that as well?) National Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work and School Day.
I've never actually had a teddy bear, but I do have one here in my office at UM GP (it's Bubba With Eyes, the number two bear in Christian's life), so I should be good for today.

In unrelated news (unless you read the second scripture reference above - did you realize that changes every day, and that it's carefully selected to address whatever it is I'm blathering about here?) it's also Be Bald And Be Free Day. Again, this is a nice nod to Christian and me, so both Bubbas are happily guarding their bald charges today.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: