Saturday, September 12, 2020

12 September 2020 - Plague Journal Day 183

Micah 6:8
Song of Solomon 3:2
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Studebaker was one of many car companies for which my Dad didn't get to work. Perhaps if he had, thy might still be around - one never knows. At any rate, today is International Drive Your Studebaker Day. That is something he did get to do. When I was a kid, he had a Studebaker, although I don't remember for sure which model it was. I'm thinking it was probably a Commander, but it could have been a Lark. I know, they don't look anything alike, but I was little and I really don't remember.


Then in the early 60s they came out with a futuristic car - the Avanti - that was going to save the company. Sadly, it was not to be, and Studebaker is no more. As time went by, others have bought the rights, tooling, and parts for the Avanti and tried to bring it back (perhaps you've seen an Avanti II driving around somewhere). That hasn't ever quite caught on either, but look at this picture below - I think you'll understand why people keep trying to revive it.
 
Now get out there and drive your Studebaker!

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: