Saturday, September 05, 2020

05 September 2020 - Plague Journal Day 176

Micah 6:8
Genesis 2:23-25
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

One of the things I've enjoyed in these work-from-home months has been that on Wednesdays, Heidi is home, goes shopping, and often cooks bacon. The house smells great, and I am happy to report this, as today is International Bacon Day. (It suddenly occurs to me that this might be Kevin Bacon's birthday, but I'm not going to bother with that possibility. Even if it's not, no doubt there are no more than six degrees from someone whose it is to Kevin.)

Speaking of Heidi, today is the 38th anniversary of the day she made me the happiest man in the world. Yes, we've been married more than 3/8 of a century, and I wouldn't change it for the world. We're missing our annual trip to Niagara Falls this year, but we'll get somewhere with a waterfall one of these days, and as long as we're together, that's all that really matters.



Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264

No comments: